Social Support Office
Social support is one of the guarantees for the implementation of the university right to education. Its objective is to provide students with better study conditions by providing financial support, specifically by awarding study scholarships, which the DSAE (Direção de Serviços de Apoio ao Estudante) commonly refers to as Direct Social Action. Integrated in the DGES (Directorate General for Higher Education), it is up to this entity, besides everything that concerns Public Higher Education, to manage and award social benefits to students of Non-Public Higher Education.
The Portuguese State through the Social Support System in Higher Education, allows all students to attend educational institutions, regardless of their socio-economic conditions. Social Support thus promotes the right to equal opportunities of access, attendance and success at school. Scholarships are awarded to students who, on their own, or through their family household, do not have the financial means to carry out their studies and who are economically needy.
Application Deadlines 2022-2023
Application for scholarships for the 2022-2023 academic year can be submitted:
- Between 25th June 2022 and 30th September 2022;
- In the 20 working days following registration, when this occurs after 30 September;
- In the 20 working days following the issue of the probationary receipt by the promoter entity in the case of graduates or masters that are doing a professional traineeship;
- The application may also be submitted between 1st October 2022 and 31st May 2023, in which case the value of the scholarship to be awarded is proportional to the value calculated for one year, considering the period between the month following the submission of the application and the end of the academic period or internship.
Students who have already applied for a scholarship in previous years should use the credentials (user code and password) that have already been assigned to them.
Students who still don’t have access credentials, will have to request in the social support office, the user code and the password to access the platform and submit their application (Identification Card will have to be presented.
For further information click here
Award of Merit Scholarships to Private Higher Education Students
UPT’s Social Benefits and Merit and Quality Promotion Awards
Independently of the public system of scholarships that the State’s social services guarantee to the neediest students in higher education, Portucalense University has instituted a system of social benefits aimed at promoting quality and rewarding academic merit among those who have excelled academically.
Call for tenders 2022/2023
- Scholarships Result – Promotion of Quality(NEW)
- Scholarships Notice – Promotion of Quality
- Notice of Scholarships – School Merit
- Scholarships Notice – Provision of Services(NEW)
- UPT Scholarship Regulation
The Foundation for Science and Technology, under the authority of the Ministry of Science, Technology and Higher Education, offers support in a wide variety of formats to individual researchers at different stages of their careers, or to groups of researchers or institutions.
For further information consult the Tender Website.
Contacts and opening hours