Projects for the beginning of the academic year
To support and care for the families of children in hospital treatment, with their comfort and well-being.
Projects throughout the academic year
Allied Volunteers works as a volunteer platform that helps the integration of the refugee population in Portugal.
What help is needed?
- Lift tickets and assistance to places such as social security, job centres, schools etc.
- English and Portuguese classes for children and adults.
- Develop entertainment activities for children (painting, games…).
- Organize and distribute donations.
- Helping to prepare and organise new activities for children and adults (e.g. vegetable gardens).
The centre is located in the Cristo Rei Seminary in Gaia, near the Gaia train station.
At the moment the centre is hosting more than 60 Ukrainians, 20 of which are children.
Carrying out CED (Capture, Sterilise and Return) programmes in colonies and packs of wild animals (which do not appreciate human contact), supporting people in need to sterilise their pets and community animals protected by them, and raising the awareness of the general population on the need to sterilise their domestic animals, be they male or female.