Corporate Marketing 2017/2018
- 5 ECTS
- Taught in Portuguese
- Continuous Assessment
- relevant skillset
After completing the course, the student should be able to:
1. Explain the importance of Marketing theory and practice as a Management function;
2. Explain relevant models and Marketing tools that can be used as a sustainable competitive advantage in the market;
3. Identify Marketing issues, proposing strategic innovative solutions and adequate operational plans as sustainable competitive advantages in the market;
4. Identify and implement good relationship management practices;
5. Identify and implement good emotions' management practices;
6. Develop a Marketing plan.
7. Know how to create and manage strong brands.
8. Understand the concept of economic value of the brand.
9. Identify and implement a strategy that brings together the means and tools in online digital communication.
10. Develop team working skills;
11. Improve the ability to write case studies / comparative studies / literature reviews;
12. Develop the ability to perform public presentations and work discus
Expository method for theoretical presentation of the syllabus.
Application of active and demonstrative methods with analysis of real situations and inclass discussion.
Assessment is mixed consisting of a practical assignment (written course-work: 50%; seminar report: 40%, and participation in classes: 10%).
Body of Work
1. Marketing as a strategy and framework for competitiveness in modern organizations.
2. Recent trends: emotion management, storytelling, love brands.
3. The main variables of the marketing mix: the 7 Ps compared to other proposals.
4. The main strategic options: segmentation, targeting, positioning and brand management.
5. The Marketing Plan. Marketing implementation and control.
6. Introduction to the brand concept.
7. How to Build Strong Brands?
8. The Trademark Management.
9. The economic value of the brand.
10. Brands activation strategy in the online digital context - introduction.
11. Transmedia storytelling: concepts, strategy and platforms.
13. Online influencers.
Aaker, David (2014), “Aaker on Branding: 20 Principles That Drive Success”, MJ, New York
BRITO, Carlos e LENCASTRE, Paulo (org) (2014), Novos Horizontes do Marketing, Publicações D. Quixote
FROMM, Jeff e Christine Garton (2013), “Marketing To Millennials: Reach The Largest And Most Influential Generation Of Consumers Ever”, Barbley, Inc.
GRÖNROOS, Christian (2015), “Service Management and Marketing – Customer Management in Service
Competition”, 4. Ed., Wiley, Hoboken, NJ
KOTLER, Philip, KELLER, Kevin (2015), Marketing Management, 15th edition, Prentice Hall
KOTLER, Philip, Iwan Setiawan e Hermawan Kartajaya (2017), “Marketing 4.0: Mudança do tradicional para o digital”, Actual Editora, ISBN: 9789896942083 .
MARQUES, Vasco (2016), “Redes Sociais 360: Como Comunicar Online”, Actual Editora.
TENDERIC, Burghardt e Jerried Williams (2015), “Transmedia Branding: Engage Your Audience”, Larry Gross (Ed.), ISBN: 9781625179067.
Chhabra, Neeti Leekha & Sharma, Sanjeev (2014), "Employer branding: strategy for improving employer attractiveness", International Journal of Organizational Analysis, Vol. 22 Iss: 1, pp. 48 – 60
Marketing as a strategy and framework for competitiveness in modern organizations.
Recent trends: emotion management, storytelling, love brands.
The main variables of the marketing mix: the 7 Ps compared to other proposals.
The main strategic options: segmentation, targeting, positioning and brand management.
The Marketing Plan. Marketing implementation and control.
Introduction to the brand concept.
How to Build Strong Brands?
The Trademark Management.
The economic value of the brand.
Brands activation strategy in the online digital context - introduction.
Transmedia storytelling: concepts, strategy and platforms.
Online influencers. Marketing as a strategy and framework for competitiveness in modern organizations.
Demonstration of the syllabus coherence with the curricular unit's objectives
To achieve the first objective, Marketing will be presented as a strategy and framework for organizational competitiveness.
The presentation of the main trends in Marketing contributes to the 3rd, 4th and 5th objectives.
The presentation and discussion of the key variables of the marketing mix contribute to the second objective.
The presentation of a framework for the marketing plan and the discussion of its importance and the analysis of the most relevant issues for implementation and Marketing control allow reaching the 5th objective.
Demonstration of the teaching methodologies coherence with the curricular unit's objectives
In terms of theoretical concepts, students will be prepared for evaluating the importance of Marketing to organizational competitiveness and relevant models and Marketing tools. Additionally, active and demonstrative methods will allow students to interpret and analyzing real Marketing issues, offering innovative solutions, to make appropriate decisions in the context of Marketing, to identify and implement good emotions' management practices, and also to develop a Marketing plan.
|relevant generic skill||improved?||assessed?|