ICM Programa Portugal – China
- Possibility of publication in joint projects applying comparative method of data analysis
- Contact with different contexts and practices in research and teaching and cultural understanding of situations and cases;
- Openness to internationalization in the field of research and teaching methodologies;
- Opportunity to improve methods and research approaches provided through contact with different contexts and realities;
- Opportunity for new cultural contacts that allow (re) thinking of innovation and sustainability in the meeting of tourism with heritage.
Museum and cultural landscape programme
The main aims of this project are:
- To bring together higher education institutions (HEIs) and museums to study the museum as a local stakeholder in a cultural and natural landscape knowledge and protection – conceptual analysis and scan of best practices;
- To understand the role of museum on tourism as a partner integrated on landscape and the impact it has on local and regional economy to identify gaps on behavior and needed skills - conceptual analysis and scan of best practices and impacts study;
- To recognize the main skills to develop a conscious creation of innovation in museums as cultural instruments of identity.
- Conceptualizing and analyzing the museum and cultural landscape and identity integration: debate around concepts and practices;
- Identifying skills and qualification gaps on museums staff formation;
- Knowing, redirecting, re-training and updating of skills and qualifications on museums;
- Translating to the course curriculum the skills and qualifications identified as profile for the formation and training in the museology area.
Meeting with Museums partners on the research project that gives support on the identification of skills and training needs and gaps. These partners can participate and collaborate on the training experience and exchange of experiences.
Programme of activities:
- 8h seminars
- 8h meetings with research team
- 10h Museums meeting
- Visit to Museums partners