Web Technologies 2017/2018
- 5 ECTS
- Taught in Portuguese
- Continuous Assessment
- relevant skillset
1- Identify and characterize the different services available on the Internet
2- Evaluate the main types of e-commerce, business models and taxonomy and the impact on organizations.
3- Develop capacities for analysis and evaluation of business models that are based on the exploitation of electronic commerce.
4- Implement an E-commerce platform and understand the concepts associated with their management.
5- Planning and structure the navigation map of a Web site.
6- Understand the operation of the WWW: server and client
7. Identify main HTML tags and howto update a web page contents.
8. Understand HTML Forms Processing.
Are recommended (not exclusive) knowledge of the following:
- Algorithms and programming;
- Computer Architecture,
- Information Systems.
Moodle - DEGI-205-1449
The following teaching-learning methodologies will be used: 1. Expositive to present theoretical frameworks; 2. Participatory with analysis and resolution of practical exercises, analysis and discussion of case studies, and support and books; 3. Active in carrying out individual and group work; 4. Self-study related to the autonomous work of the student.
Body of Work
1 Internet and Web: past, present and future
1.1 Brief history of the Internet
1.2 Evolution of the concepts and technologies: Web 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0
1.3 Examples of applications / web services
2 Electronic Commerce
2.1 Models of Electronic Commerce
2.2 Structure of an Organization
2.3 Advantages and Disadvantages
2.4 SWOT Analysis
2.5 Implementation: Online Store design
2.6 E-marketplaces: definition and contextualization
2.7 Payment Methods
2.8 Privacy and Security
2.9 Marketing and Web advertising
3 Web Development Fundamentals
3.1 Website design
3.3 HTML5 Forms
- Laudon, K. C., & Traver, C. G. (2012). E-commerce - business technology society . PH Professional (8th ed.), ISBN:978-0-273-76129-7
- Figueiredo, Bruno (2004), WEB DESIGN - ESTRUTURA, CONCEPÇÃO E PRODUÇÃO DE SITES WEB, FCA, 2.ª edição, ISBN: 978-972-722-433-3
- Gouveia, L. B. (2006). Negócio Eletrónico – Conceitos e Perspectivas de Desenvolvimento (p. 160). SPI – Sociedade Portuguesa de Inovação. Porto, Retirado de http://web.spi.pt/negocio_electronico/manual1.htm
- Fonseca, A. N., Ferreira, V.M. (2006), As Oportunidades, os Riscos e os Benefícios do Negócio Electrónico. SPI - Sociendade Portuguesa de Inovação, Porto, Retirado de http://web.spi.pt/negocio_electronico/documentos/manuais_PDF/Manual_II.pdf
- Magalhães, Nuno, Grilo, Alberto (2006), A segurança informática e o negócio eletrónico. SPI – Sociedade Portuguesa de Inovação. Porto, Retirado de http://web.spi.pt/negocio_electronico/documentos/manuais_PDF/Manual_VII.pdf
- W3schools.com HTML/CSS tutorials, url: http://www.w3schools.com
Week 1: Presentations, Reviews
Week 2: Internet and Web: past, present and future
Week 3: Internet and Web: past, present and future
Week 4: E-commerce (EC)
Week 5: EC
Week 6: EC
Week 7: EC - Implementation Platform E-commerce
Week 8: EC - Implementation Platform E-commerce
Week 9: Web Development Foundation (FDW), Written Test
Week 10: FDW - Design and planning of a site
Week 11: FDW - HTML
Week 12: FDW - CSS
Week 14: FDW - Web Forms
Week 15: FDW - case study. Project Presentations
* Test dates are subject to publication of assessments map and subject to change
Demonstration of the syllabus coherence with the curricular unit's objectives
The syllabus taught allow students to acquire relevant knowledge in the area of e-commerce, including on the role of the web in the business and its impact over traditional business models, Drawing topics and development of web sites allow students to gain independently develop simple web sites.
Demonstration of the teaching methodologies coherence with the curricular unit's objectives
The lectures will be used to present the main concepts, being backed with case studies that will identify the different uses web business.
Practical exercises will allow students to gain skills in the design and development of web sites simple.
|relevant generic skill||improved?||assessed?|
|Adapting to new situations||Yes||Yes|
|Analytical and synthetic skills||Yes||Yes|
|Commitment to effectiveness||Yes||Yes|
|Commitment to quality||Yes||Yes|
|Event organization, planning and management||Yes||Yes|
|Information and learning management||Yes|
|IT and technology proficiency||Yes||Yes|
|Problem Analysis and Assessment||Yes||Yes|
|Written and verbal communications skills||Yes||Yes|