Como chegar

Health care, Visa and Insurance

Health services

European Card of health assistance: This document allows students from countries of the European Economic Area (EEA) to be assisted in case of sickness or personal accident, thus taking advantage of a wider coverage in terms of health care. This card, to be requested to the social security service of home country, is a proof that the student is registered in that social security service and allows him to take advantage of health services in Portugal. In this case, students will be asked to pay as much as national citizens under the same circumstances.


National students from European Union (EU) countries, European Economic Area/EEA (Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway) and Switzerland have the right to live in the national territory for a period up to 3 months without other conditions and/or formalities beyond having a valid identity card or passport. However, if their stay is longer than 3 months, they must formalize their right of residence within 30 days after the three-month stay in the country. For more information check the Foreigner’s Service (SEF – Serviço de Estrangeiros e Fronteiras):


SMP students have to subscribe a scholar insurance prior to the beginning of their placement at Portuguese companies. This insurance will cover: Absolute temporary capacity for work due to accident or illness; Involuntary Unemployment; Hospitalization. When arriving at UPT, students must fill a declaration of adhesion and pay 25 Euros to be covered by the insurance.

Este website usa cookies para funcionar melhor e medir a performance (Diretiva da União Europeia 2009/136/EC)