UPT has got a canteen opened from 12 am to 2 pm. You may choose one meat or a fish dish. The whole meal (soup, fruit, bread and water included) costs approximately 4.00 EUR. Just opposite the Portucalense University building you will find the shopping center Campus S. João which has a large food court, opened from 10:00 am to 10:00 pm.
Cost of living
- Accommodation: between 150 EUR and 250 EUR
- Transports: 24.85 EUR (for a Z2 Andante monthly pass)
- Bus: 1.10 EUR (1 Z2 ticket)
- Metro: 1.40 EUR (1 Z3 ticket)
- Carton of milk: 0.60 EUR
- Bottle of water (1.5 l): 0.39 EUR
- Roll of bread: 0.12 EUR
- 1 kg of rice: 0.70 EUR
- Coffee (expresso): 0.65 EUR
- Newspapers: 1.00 EUR (daily) and 2.80 EUR (weekly)
- Cinema: 4.00 EUR (student ticket)
TAP offers extra luggage transportation to Erasmus students
How to send packages from Portugal to Spain or from Spain to Potugal at low prices:
MRW TRASNPORTE URGENTE
- Fast and reliable baggage shipping for Erasmus students in E.U.
In collaboration with the world's leading courier services ( DHL , UPS, DPD , GLS ...), Eurosender has created a global service ( www.eurosender.com ), which provides fast and reliable baggage shipping for students, between countries in the European Union, up to 70% cheaper than directly with the couriers or with the post office.
UPT does not provide housing for foreign students. Before and upon student’s arrival, the IRO gives advice and helps in the search for accommodation. For the first days in Porto, it is recommended to book a room in a youth hostel:
Useful links for finding accommodation:
http://porto.olx.pt/quartos-para-aluguer-cat-301- Choose “Imóveis” and then “Quartos para arrendar”
Finding accommodation with the help of two former Erasmus students from Romenia, who now live and work in Porto: